Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Ayla progress (We're getting somewhere!)

Okay, so I applied what I learned from that first attempt at a final picture to this NEW final picture...

1. I used Bristol Board instead of cheap scrap paper

2. Since my basic artistic skills haven't been honed enough to just ink right over a rough sketch I decided I would just make sure my pencils are extra tight until I get good enough to feel comfortable inking like all the cool professionals do. Maybe I'll never feel good doing it the rough way, but that doesn't seem too bad, everyone doesn't have to draw the same way obviously.

3. I used photoshop to darken the very light pencils to show my progress before I ruin it with my not so great inking skills.

I realize that this is taking an extraordinary long time for just a simple pin up of a cavewoman, but I am at least learning as I fail/succeed and that is the most important thing.

Now comes inking and the horrors of realizing I really need to practice a lot more to get better at this.

I have to add lines to her hair and clean my scanner (we have no window cleaner, AHHHH) and do a cleaner rescan of the picture.

Then I guess I will go back to working on the Chrono Trigger picture that got me down this rabbit hole in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment